This game rewards players for accumulating points and is usually played with handicaps. Players start with the amount of points of their handicap and add points throughout the round. Players receive points based on a fixed scoring system on every hole. Groups or tournament organizers can decide before play starts what the fixed score is. A recommended fixed score is “bogey”, but it can be different based on the skill levels in your group.
How To Play
Once the fixed score is decided, players play out each hole as they normally would trying to shoot the lowest score possible to accumulate points on every hole.
How To Score
Points are given as follows: (If the ‘fixed score’ were BOGEY)
- 0 points for being two or more over the ‘fixed score’ (Triple Bogey +)
- 1 point for being one over the ‘fixed score’ (Double Bogey)
- 2 points for being at the ‘fixed score’ (Bogey)
- 3 points for being 1 under the ‘fixed score’ (Par)
- 4 points for being 2 under the ‘fixed score’ (Birdie)
- 6 points for being 3 under the ‘fixed score’ (Eagle)
How To Win
Players start with the amount of points of their handicap and add points throughout the round. The winner is the Player with the most cumulative points at the end of the round!
If your handicap is 16, then you start with 16 points and accumulate more throughout the round.
EXAMPLE: The group decides that bogey is going to be the fixed score.
- Player A (10 handicap) scored a Par.
- Player B (16 handicap) scored a Par.
- Player C (20 handicap) scored a Bogey.
- Player D (26 handicap) scored a Double Bogey.
After the first hole, players would have total points as follows.
- Player A = 13 (10 (for the handicap) + 3 (for the par))
- Player B = 19 (16 + 3)
- Player C = 22 (20 + 2)
- Player D = 27 (26 + 1)
- Player A scored a Birdie. (4 points)
- Player B scored a Bogey. (2 Points)
- Player C scored a Bogey. (2 Points)
- Player D scored a Par. (3 Points)
Players will add these points to their cumulative score as follows:
- Player A = 17 (13 + 4)
- Player B = 21 (19 +2)
- Player C = 24 (22+2)
- Player D = 30 (27 + 3).
Continue adding points to your cumulative score throughout the round.